Quick reference selection mode isn't always aborted when input loses focus
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||21 October 2013|
|Assignee:||Philippe Vlaemynck||% Done:|
|Target version:||Modelio 3.0.1|
The subject might be vague, as I don’t know how this feature is properly called.
Anyway, this bug manifests everywhere you can select a reference by clicking on some object. I’ll provide a simple way of reproduction:
- Create Interaction (aka Sequence) digram
- Create a Lifeline inside
nullbeside “Represented by” field in “Element” tab below
- Modelio will now entering something I call “Quick reference selection mode”
- (if you press Esc at this point, selection will abort normally)
- Click on “Name” field name just above. Note that you must click on field name, not on field value. If you click on value, the selection will also be aborted normally.
- Now, although selection will appear aborted, it won’t be actually aborted. You will be still able to select objects that qualify as, in this case, Role. Esc button won’t abort this mode. You won’t be able to select other objects on this or other diagrams (selection border will appear, but contents of “Element” tab won’t change).
- The only way out of this is to either select something appropriate, or focus on that control again and press Esc.
Modelio build 201309241706. I confirmed bug on two different platforms:
- Windows 7 64-bit running 64-bit Java build 1.7.0_07-b11
- Gentoo Linux 64 bit running 64-bit IcedTea7 2.3.2
#1 Updated by admin admin over 3 years ago
- Assignee set to Philippe Vlaemynck
To WGH WGH: Thank you for you accurate description of this bug which helped us a lot to fix it. The feature you call “Quick reference selection mode” is internally called “picking” as the end-user just has to ‘pick’ an element to designate it.
#12 Updated by WGH WGH over 3 years ago
OK, consider the following situation: Interaction diagram again, a message sent to a Lifeline that is backed by Role with a base class. Empty Lifeline or Role without a base won’t work. Select the message arrow, open Invoked drop-down list and here we go again.