Modernizing an existing application that includes a database¶
You have an existing application which uses a database, and you want to modernize this application.
- Reverse the existing database’s SQL script to a table model. To do this, use the “Reverse: SQL script” command.
- Transform the table model into a data model using the “Transformation: Table Model to Data Model ” command.
- Modify the data model in accordance with the requirements of the new application.
- Generate the persistence model’s Java classes and the associated Hibernate mapping files using the “Hibernate & Java Generation” command.
- Transform the data model into an SQL table model using the “Transformation: Data Model to Table Model” command.
- Generate the SQL database script from this table model using the “Generator: SQL script” command.