The main window¶
The Modelio main window¶
1. The Menu bar. This contains the “File”, “Edit”, “Configuration”, “Extensions”, “Views” and “Help” menus which contain global Modelio commands.
2. The Tool bar. This contains icons which provide direct access to certain frequently used global commands.
3. The Fast search tool. This tool searches for NameSpace elements based on a partial or complete name.
4. The Diagram creation wizard. This tool lets you choose the type , name, description and owner of a diagram.
5. The Pespectives. This tool lets you switch between perspectives.
6. The Diagram Edition view. This view is where you can view and edit your model in diagram form.
7. The Diagrams view. This is where you can view, browse and sort your diagrams.
8. The Symbol view. This is where you can view and edit the graphic properties of your diagrams.
9. The Model view. This is where you can view, browse and edit your UML/BPMN model.
10. The MDA view. This is where you can view, browse and edit your MDA model.
11. The Element view. This is where you can add or remove stereotypes or tagged values and view and edit the UML properties of an element selected in the navigation or edition views.
12. The Links Editor view. This tool lets you visualize links between elements, and create new ones.
13. The Outline view. This is where you can see an outlined view of your diagrams.
14. The Notes and Contraints view. In this view, you can add or remove notes, rich notes and constraints on an element selected in the navigation or edition views.
15. The Script view. This view is used to write and run Jython scripts.
16. The Audit view. This view displays the real-time results of the Modelio audit that is automatically run every time you carry out an operation on your model.
- The Workspace view, available only when the project is closed.
- The UML wizard view, available only on operations.
- The Analyst view, fully usable when Analyst module is deployed.
All the views in the Modelio main window are dockable and can be positioned anywhere within the Modelio main window. Use the ‘Views’ menu of the Modelio menu bar to select the views you want to display.