So you want to build Modelio from its source files…
Modelio is an RCP application, built from a bunch of plugins and a C++ library. Therefore to build an executable binary for Modelio you have to build several components and assemble them together.
The components to build are:
- obasic – a static c++ library
- oramcs – a static c++ lirary
- modelio.binaries – a C++ dynamic library
- modelio.plugins – a set of application plugins to be plugged in the Modelio RCP platform.
The whole process requires source files and tools which are detailed below.
Modelio source files, both C++ and Java, are available in the form of two download-able zip archives here.
- modelio-cc-core-sources.zip – contains all the modelio C++ source files used to build obasic, oramcs and modelio.binaries, along with their corresponding makefiles.
- modelio-app-sources.zip – contains all the Java files for the modelio application plugins.
Required Tools and Libraries¶
- C++ compiler
- Visual C++ 2003 (v13) on Windows platforms
- gcc v4.4.3 on Linux platforms
- C++ libraries
- Java compiler
- Java libraries
Follow the steps described below in the indicated order. Use the links to read each step full details.