Creating link-type elements in diagrams¶
In Modelio diagrams, there are four different modes for drawing links:
- The orthogonal mode, where a link contains one or more right angles
- The direct mode, where a link is presented as a straight line
- The bendpoint mode, where a link is presented in the manner of your choice
- The rake mode, where a link is presented in rake bar form
All Modelio diagrams include the model expert feature, which provides real-time assistance when you are creating links in diagrams. If you try to create an authorized element (in this example, an association between 2 classes), the model expert highlights the concerned element in green, indicating that the creation operation you are attempting is allowed. If you try to create an unauthorized link (for example, an association between a package and a class), the model expert highlights the concerned element in red, indicating that the creation operation you are attempting is not allowed.
Drawing an association between two classes in orthogonal mode¶
- Click on the “Create an association” icon in the diagram palette.
- Click on the origin class.
- Draw your link, with any desired intermediate points, and then click on the destination class.
If you want to draw a link in bendpoint mode, simply hold down the “Shift” key on your keyboard while you are drawing the link.