The Model view¶
The Model view¶
- 1. Model explorer tab.
- 2. Local work model.
- 3. Model elements.
- 4. Deployed model component (local library)
Main Model explorer commands¶
- Create a diagram or a matrix [ – Create a diagram or matrix…] : Launch a creation wizard to create a diagram or a matrix of your choice (see Creating a diagram for more details)…
- Create an element [ – Create element] : Creates the element of your choice under the selected element.
- Add stereotype(s) on an element [ – Add stereotype(s)…] : Adds one or several stereotypes to the selected element.
- Create a stereotype [ – Create stereotype…] : Creates a new stereotype (see Basic level – Creating a stereotype for more details).
- Delete an element [ – Delete element / Del key] : Deletes the selected element.
- Cut an element [ – Cut element / Ctrl+X key] : Cuts the selected element.
- Copy an element [ – Copy element / Ctrl+C key] : Copies the selected element.
- Paste an element [ – Paste element / Ctrl+V key] : Pastes the copied element.
- Launch a macro [ – Macros] : Launches a chosen macro (see Macros catalog for more details)…
- Create/Edit/Export/Launch a Pattern [ – Patterns] : Create/Edit/Export or launches a Pattern.
- Check model consistency [ – Check model] : Checks model consistency recursively from the selected element.
- Launch an XMI Import/Export [ – XMI] : Launches an XMI Import/Export recursively from the selected element (see Modelio XMI Import/Export for more details)…
- Create/edit/package a Model component [ – Model Components] : Creates, edits or packages a Model Component (see Developing and packaging model components for more details)…
- Import a model  : Launches a model import (see Importing elements from existing projects for more details)…
- Collapse all  : Collapses all elements and shows only the root package.
- Skip back  : Skips back through the history of the elements you have selected.
- Skip forward  : Skips forward through the history of the elements you have selected.
- Open new explorer  : Opens a new explorer whose root element is the selected element.
- Create sibling element  : Creates a sibling element of the selected element. Sibling elements are elements of the same type as the selected element and at the same level in the model hierarchy.
- Create clone  : Creates a clone of the selected element. Clones are exact copies of their origin elements. They have the same properties and the same contents.
- Move up  : Moves the selected element up in the model structure.
- Move down  : Moves the selected element down in the model structure.
- Select as root  : Displays only the selected element and its contents. Click again to switch back to the classic view.
For more information, see “Creating elements using the context menu commands”.