Modelio is a combined UML/BPMN modeler supporting a wide range of models and diagrams.
Modelio’s main features:
- Java code generation (using the free Java Designer module)
- BMPN support integrated with UML
- XMI import and export
- Scripting language support (Jython)
- Extensibility: Modelio can be extended for any language, methodology or modeling technique just by adding modules. You can either use existing modules or else develop your own.
A forum is available on the Modelio community site.
Modelio is open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU GPL license. The module runtime, used to develop extensions to Modelio, is under the Apache license providing a very large degree of freedom to anyone wishing to reuse and embed the code.
Full details on Modelio licensing conditions can be found here.
Download and installation¶
Modelio’s current version is 3.6.
Binary distribution archives for Linux and Windows are available on the download page of the Modelio community site.
Installation requirements and instructions can be found in our Quick start guide on the community site.
Modelio version contents can be found in the Version history.
For end users
- User’s manual (wiki)
- Module developer’s guide (wiki)
- Module developer’s API guide (wiki)
- JavaDoc documentation of the API (html)
The Modelio project is divided into several sub-projects.
Application – the Modelio RCP application development project
Modelio user manual (English) – the user’s manual in English
Module developer’s guide – the module developer’s general guide
- Module developer’s API guide – the module development API guide
- Modelio compiling and building guide – how to compile and build Modelio (for porting contributions)
Should you want to contribute, please register directly on the sub-projects matching your contributions.
Bug reports should be posted directly on the bug tracker of the Modelio project itself (unless the concerned sub-project has its own bug report tracker and you can be almost sure to post the bug in the proper sub-project).